Sunday, July 6, 2014

I'm a Tree!

My last post generated some very positive and eye opening comments. I was very frustrated and in my feelings about my current state of being. The comments shared were such jewels that I had to share my discovery!
So first I'd like to say a heartfelt thank you to those who lent their time and energy to read what I had to say. I appreciate you!

Secondly I'd like to make a few points.....
I was told I am the tree. I provided a shade for others to sit under......basically that I loved one part of me and loathed the other and that I needed to accept all of me.
My goodness the spiritual-emotional connection from that gave me butterflies.
I can see where that truth is active in my life. This has been a year of true awakening for me. Not at all easy because sadly enough there have been times I might have rather stayed asleep. However I needed to face somethings and if I didn't I could ruin my own life. My babies deserve more than that. So here I am sharing my success and failures with people from all over the globe.
Okay so back to the tree.
Without the loathsome part of me I couldn't provide the shade for people to sit under. I need to embrace that raggedy looking bark (lol I wish you could hear me say that)......... I am  embracing it. Period.
Which leads me to the other comment. Along the same lines that I am the tree, I bear a unique fruit. Maybe I don't see it all the time. This too rings true. Boy do I have some becoming to do!! Smh
In my last post I remember writing that I ask who I am and in the next moment may know full well who I am. I believe I have known but I've lacked necessary tools to support who I am. To stand up in it, and stick my chest out, proudly displaying me. All of me like superman with his S on his chest.
He's a superhero, no questions asked. He just is.
The tree just is.
I need to just be.
I am.

So with these wonderful insights I reckon the war I'm fighting with in me is accepting, not being afraid, not apologizing, and not caring about the people! Acceptance. That dang acceptance.
I believe by nature we try to attach ourselves to some group, and in its most primitive form its due to survival. The heart needs love and we need people to count on to help when we are down. People we can trust.
Being that like many others I've been hurt and my trust-o-meter is always on, Working overtime sometimes, Needs to be lowered or balanced at times lol but what I'm getting at is because of a few things in my life out of my control I now have to repair broken pieces in order for my life to make sense. In order for me to realize the tree that I am.

This morning I'm breathing in this fresh summer breeze, taking in all things God. I'm accepting of this truth and I'm applying it to my life. Even though I've been broken I now I have to not only see my brokenness but the whole and healed part of me that grew from that brokenness. I've been shaped and molded from several experiences in my life. Its made me who I am today. Am I perfect? Not quite but I'm strong, resilient, faithful, loving, caring, beautiful, smart, intellectual, joyful, and so many other things..............

I provide something great to those who can receive me and appreciate me.
I'm thankful for those loving and heartfelt people.
I'm thankful for learning my place and I'm thankful that I can focus more on where I want to go.
Life is full of challenges becomers. Depending on how hard you've been hit it can be hard to make a comeback but my loves its not impossible. I'm living proof!

Message of hope: We've been broken, bruised, abused, betrayed, lied on, and then someone had the nerve to press repeat! Lol right! But you are hear, reading about my mess, and you see I'm still pushing and because of that I have a lot to offer the world. Its the idea of the rose from the concrete. Something you thought impossible is possible and like my fav motivational speaker says "and its necessary!"
Becomers YOU ARE NECESSARY! Don't get caught hiding your greatness because of your brokenness. Your greatness will heal your brokenness!
-Sharhonda

I'm sharing a pic below that my son drew on 4th of July. My mom always buys chalk for the kiddies. My life must be going in the order that it should because the tree keeps popping up around me!
Thank you again for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment