Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Embrace it!

Just finished watching Unconditional, a movie based on the life of a guy from Nashville, TN who turned his life around after spending time in prison he dedicated himself to the development of inner city kids. The story is just beautiful. I won't recap the entire movie, I just wanted to share how things like this movie renew my hope and fan the flames of my passion.
If you've followed my latest blogs you'll notice I've been in a state of frustration, doubt, discomfort, and anxiety about my present-future.
Anytime I can find a quote, passage, verse, movie clip, interview, etc that offers empowerment I'm front and center soaking it in.
Usually though these movie clips and words of encouragement find me. I need them, and they come along during my search or in accordance with a groan I've uttered not from my lips but from somewhere deep between my thoughts and my gut.
I needed to watch Unconditional tonight. I didn't realize the impact it would have on me.

Papa Joe, the main character in the movie, said when"Sarah" lost faith that it was ok because He, meaning God is patient.
I think of how I've questioned my process of becoming and realized while I'm frustrated with timing, I'm rushing myself as if I'm on some schedule, God knows and he's patient. Throughout my life experiences I've learned that we evolve all in our own time depending upon what circumstances we are provided with.  I interpret this as I should be patient with me. I'm being prepared. Because I'm focused on a goal I'll make it toward that goal no matter the mistakes or uncontrollable's.....
Besides nobody is rushing me, nobody has this expectation but me, and possibly society sense it moves so fast!
But anyway.....the truth?
>>I need to practice the art of stillness and just trust the process, go with the flow.
Now lets be real somethings are painful, they must be attended to but we can't let them disappoint us and lead us into automatic prediction of failure. Sometimes the course changes.
Having an extra dose of the anxiety gene sometimes leads to seeing the worst first....and it often frightens you before there's anything to be frightened of..... Dang gene! ;)

This year I prayed that God would help me narrow things down, truly find what it is I am to do and go for it. Indeed that is happening. Its what I sought for, intended and expected. I didn't know how that would come packaged, and crazy enough I was surprised when the package arrived! Lol But now I embrace it. I trust the process and believe in myself, The Tree! One day I'll write about how I can't believe I am where I am, then again I may say Look where I am because I embraced the process and went with the flow.

Message of hope: Persevere. Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment