Monday, June 23, 2014

Build your strength!

How many times have you been knocked down?
How many places in life have you encountered people, or situations that seem to push you back more steps than you feel you've taken forward?
How many times has everything you strive for, wish for, and hoped for seemed impossible?

Along this journey I've encountered major set backs. Financial strains and emotional rollercoasters have been the seat I've been belted in for the last few months. Almost like a car accident in which a rescue person will have to come cut the belt off of me to be free.
This is my struggle.
I've read stories where people borrow money, but what if your credit is bad? Stories where people get grants,but where do I even start with that?
The idea was to get things up and running pretty quick. However, so many set backs have presented themselves like spraining your ankle and losing the last two weeks of pay at the job you were transitioning away from into your own business.
Now I'm jobless and struggling to build a business with literally nothing. I keep thinking of all the things I could do different. I don't know what will work. I'm applying for part time jobs to cover cost of building this business. Its rough.
In the midst of that being a mother, wife, and student I'm pressed about financial aid, bills, my overall vision, things I need to get done, my health, and the list goes on.
My situation can be magnified and more complicated when you factor in my fight with the effects of PTSD in my life.
I'm in no way perfect. I don't have it all together.
I have flaws but I'm trying. I'm working on everything that I can to make my dreams come true. Even though I'm always worried about my age and how long will it take me to reach a level of personal fulfillment and financial stability, I have the awesome ability to fight through despair and remain hopeful.
When I post blogs, when I speak to others and they tell me how I've inspired them, when I look back from the places I've been I'm hopeful and I'm determined to fight for what I envision. I just don't have it in me to completely give up. I get absolutely burnt out. I have been severely depressed. I have lonely lows.
I guess overall no matter those obstacles I desire deeply to live, to live out what I feel is my purpose, and to do that effectively. I feel like these things I'm striving for are my life. If I don't do this there's nothing else I want to do. With all the fuel I have in me I want to stand up for people who need encouragement, hope, and life. That's why I'm here.
I'm trying to create a vehicle to make my visions and ideas a reality.
In order for me to be successful at that I have to push past all barriers. I can no longer accept no. I have to give it all I have and push myself to the limits until I reach my desired end. I can't expect anyone else to do that for me.

Becomers my job is hard. My payoff will be worth it.
Don't get discouraged. Push anyway and I'm convinced things will work out in our favor!

-Sharhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment