Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Getting lonely?



On our way to becoming, one thing that may cross your mind is where are all the people? Like the escaped lion, giraffe, and hippo on the movie Madagascar. They found themselves free but looked around on the island and realized there were no people to come save them, help them, or tell them what to do. In a nutshell, they had no one's opinion but their own.

It's amazing what life lessons you can gain from a movie that was designed for kids entertainment. Although as an adult I really enjoyed it! When I get happy I sing "I like to move it-move it!'" every now and then.

Gloria, Melman, and Alex encountered several problems on that island that they had never been exposed to before. They had to deal  with all of those problems without "the people".

This past week I've had a few conversations with others that made it clear that on their way to pursuing and living out their dreams its was critical that they let go, separate themselves from, and shut the noise off from the mouths of some people.
It has been said many times by many greats that in order to succeed you have to understand that many people can't go where you are going. It's not that you are better than your friends however it does strongly imply that their mindset isn't on the level that yours is on.
Let us not be arrogant about it. Instead we should embrace our creative and ambitious minds as well as accept their current limited thinking.

It's important to see that many people do mean well. It's important to see that some have the intention to be by your side but don't have the understanding of what that really means. They can't operate in that capacity.
It's important to know that you may lose friends because you have changed...... because you have evolved.
It's important to know that people who you thought yourself close to may not call you or even ask how you are doing. They may not notice you exist until the day your book is published, or until you television show airs.  You Don't Stop Pursuing Your Dreams!

A friend I spoke with on Tuesday, I think, said, 'I used to listen to my friends and their concerns. I listened to my pastor, mother, and sister. While I was listening I learned that they were putting a damper on my dreams.They may mean well but they don't understand my passion and my goals so I had to cut the conversation short because while I'm trying to grow they keep putting limits on me".

I don't we see sometimes how true it is that when you are aspiring to be great you may really lose friends. Some may even separate themselves from you. It's truth. I hope that you who are pursuing your dreams come to realize that. Prepare yourself and expect it. It's happens to all of us. #DreamersRock
That conversation helped me to see how I put OTHERS OPINIONS on the forefront of my life sacrificing my own happiness and ultimately my dreams. I'd rather die than live on this earth having not fulfilled my purpose. What else am I here for? I have dreams, aspirations, goals, and achievements to reach before my days end. If I do none of that then my living was in vain. It was all for nothing. I'd truly be worthless without having used up the awesome potential and energy that God has infused me with.

Knowing that I have gifts to offer the world lets me know that I am worth something and that what I have people need.

*Sidebar* Many don't get that sense of purpose all of the time and I get that but at least begin to look into what you can do to make this world a better place. I don't care if you have a 9 to 5 that you work the rest of your life. Do something that gives your life meaning. That gives you satisfaction and fulfillment.

Make your life meaningful. And know that some may not understand your plight. They may not get you at all. They may question everything you do. They may say things that cause  you to wonder whose side they are really on.
Yet its totally up to you whether you make it into your land of milk and honey. Your promised land. Your field of infinite possibilities. You have to make the choice to go forth and know that being lonely is SO WORTH IT!
It's worth is because loneliness is a temporary emotion. It comes and goes. You can satisfy that emotion by going out with a friend that shares the same ambitions you do. Distract yourself with PURPOSE! Don't let loss of friends keep you bound.
Simply put in old school terms, "WHERE YOU FOUND THOSE FRIENDS, YOU'LL FIND SOME MORE".


I've said a lot in this blog, maybe not enough in the profound way that I'd like it to come across, but what I want you to walk away with is this:

YOU WILL ENCOUNTER LONELY DAYS, WEEKS, AND MONTHS. YET IT'S WORTH IT!!!!
EVERYONE ISN'T ON YOUR LEVEL OF SPIRITUAL AWARENESS AND CONNECTED-NESS, YET IT'S WORTH IT!!!
SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T GET YOU BUT AS LONG AS YOU GET YOU THEN YOU MARCH ON BECAUSE IT'S WORTH IT!!!!
Just as things WILL fall into place once you start pursuing your dreams, the right people WILL too!


Cheers to BECOMING!

No comments:

Post a Comment