Monday, April 7, 2014

For Every Mountain...

Hi Becomers!

I'm sure you have heard the journey of life being compared to the strength and effort it takes in climbing a mountain. Everyone is determined to reach the peak! The highest point, the climax if you will.
In some form or fashion we are all seeking our point in life where we feel at peace within ourselves and the flow of life we are living in is just where we need to be. At least that's the peak I imagine. It's the place where all the things I struggled with, from, and through make some kind of sense.
Of course things won't be perfect but I imagine within myself I will have found a place where I am content......

Once I participated in a meditation with Deepak and Oprah! I love them. But anyway, I participated in one of their 21 day meditations. I believe the topic of  the meditation was focused on releasing fears.

During the meditation we had to envision a huge mountain where we could see the peak.
The peak was beautiful, sun lit, and capped with melting snow. We then had to see ourselves standing at the very bottom of that gorgeous mountain filled with streams from the melted snow and flowers surrounding it. We the envisioned for ourselves a path that we would have to walk in order to get to the peak. Well here is where it gets difficult because if you are anything similar in thinking to myself you envisioned a clear path. My path was a curvy but slim dirt path made for walking and admiring the beauty of the plants and streams on the mountain.
Deepak wrecks my perfect stroll when he says, now you see some weeds on your path, tall, rough, and thick weeds.

Well who wants to imagine that on their path to the peak! The highest point! Their dream! Nobody wants weeds popping up onto their beautiful canvas?

Yet that's the reality of it all. Life won't be a smooth dirt path. It will not be calming soothing waters, and fragrant flowers. You'll pass some lovely sights along the way but you'll meet some weeds too.

Interestingly enough, the meditation then causes you to look at the weeds like there's no way to get around them. You can only go through it if you want to get to the peak. Question is now how do you do that? We didn't envision any weed hacker or giant scissors to slice and dice them away.
In this vision I began to panic and I could feel myself become anxious. My heart was racing and I had a moment like WHAT THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO GOD? (forgive me if my language offends anyone but I'm being honest). I'm in a moment where I can clearly see how to get from the beginning of this journey to the next and some weeds pop up! How rude of the world to rain on my parade! Yep like a spoiled child I was angry and like a fearful one I was worried that I couldn't make it past these weeds.

I know that someone can relate.

The mediation went on to have you examine your feelings, to ask yourself what is it that I fear in this moment.
I understood at that time that one of my fears was that I couldn't do this. I wasn't capable, I didn't have the necessary tools, I wasn't out spoken enough. I'm inadequate and I don't measure up.
TALK ABOUT FEAR AND SELF DOUBT!
So after I realized my fear the meditation informed me on how to get past these weeds. You pick them. One by one until each weed is gone. We aren't in a rush, you don't worry about time. Time doesn't exist. You pick them.

What a relief.



I won't drag you through the entire meditation experience but what I want you to know is that what I received from God in that profound spiritual moment is that I CAN DO IT! Simple words but they mean a lot when your issues are deep seated......HA! That's another blog all together!
But hey, I can climb this mountain of a life because when I take the limits off, when I break BIG problems down into SMALLER ones I can clearly see that I possess the skills and resources to make things happen.

On that journey with Deepak and Oprah I definitely had some anxiety. I met my fears and once I realized them I left them behind. They had no place with me anymore. Isn't that liberating?
 It was awesome!
A boulder was placed on that mountain  and again I had to figure out how to get around it.
The whole picture they were painting is the same thing we have to understand on our journey to greatness (which is attainable for all of us), and that is WE ARE CAPABLE.

Your dreams, your goals, THE PEAK, You can have that!

You can definitely make it happen. Don't expect it to be easy as 1-2-3. Always look at your resources. Don't worry about what you don't have. Do think on what you have and use it to the best of your abilities.

For instance. Money may be short but you have old clothes, books, what-nots around the house that can be sold at a yard sale.
Learn to make lemonade! If all you have is the water FIGURE OUT how to get the lemon and sugar!

Message of hope is simple: YOU POSSESS THE GIFTS, TALENTS, KNOW HOW, ABILITY, AND UMPH TO MAKE YOUR DREAMS HAPPEN!
Reaching the peak means pulling away weeds, walking around boulders, jumping over logs, or whatever. By  the end you may be sweating up a storm but you will reach the peak and it'll be the most exhilarating experience in your life. You worked for it so soak it all in! Who knows you just may become an expert at climbing mountains, It may be what you look for.....another mountain to conquer!

Good day Becomers!




No comments:

Post a Comment