Monday, May 26, 2014

Gravity

Floating in space Sandra Bullock defeated all odds, even the desire to just drift away never to live again..... She could have gave up but she held on to the end. Lets just get on with this awesome and timeless piece of wisdom!
This movie excited me because it tells a story that I know all to well. The story of struggle. We all may go through it at some point in our lives and some of us may experience it most of our lives....endlessly seeking our higher power for a break through.
I won't spoil the movie but in a nutshell Sandra is an astronaut whose crew is basically shipwrecked out in space. Eventually the entire crew dies and she's left in space alone.
It was aggravating to watch. It gave me such anxiety. Floating in space with hardship after hardship was something hard to fathom. It was lonely. It was sad, and it was gut wrenching at times.  She was out there all alone, unable to reach anyone for help, and had no one to count on for direction or so it seemed. Many of us have been in familiar situations where tragedy strikes back to back without warning.
My personal story: last year a very special and close family member attempted suicide, one of my grandmothers died (Rip Granny Sue), & another very special family members life was hanging by a thread. I was attending school, working, and trying to build my dream on top of being a mother and wife. I thought I'd lose it. I wanted to GIVE UP!
In this movie Gravity whatever could possibly go wrong went wrong. I saw my life in those scenes.
Everytime I reach one goal something doesn't work right, act right, or go as originally planned. I cry, get frustrated, and ultimately I get ready to call it quits. BUT MY DREAMS AINT GOT TIME FOR THAT!!! No time for my pity parties, and no time for me walking out on them.

At the end of this movie Sandra had been in space so long that when she finally crash landed on some beach she could barely stand to her feet. She laid on the shore, filled her hands with dirt and simply said Thank You. She made it. She eventually gathered her strength and walked toward her freedom.She went through hell but she fought it. She almost gave up however she was reminded that she needed to live despite all the things she's lost.
I'm so full off of this movie. My spirit feels great because of it.
Just KNOW Becomers that life can seem extra hard, rough, down right aggravating but you can and will make it through. If you hold on long enough and do not faint. Don't quit. Keep giving it your all. One day WE will see that which we fight so hard for. Go through the struggle don't stay in it. There's purpose for you beyond the struggle!
Go watch gravity!!! :)
Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment